Suitable for hand-dyeing all animal (protein) and plant (cellulose) fibres, including wool, alpaca, cotton, linen, silk and nylon. Our procion mx fibre reactive dyes require only a mild acid for animal fibres (we include citric acid in the kit) and heat to fix the colour to the fibre. For plant fibres we include sodium carbonate in the kit to fix the dyes (no heat required).
Our starter kit includes:
- 3 x 10g pots of Hue & Dye fibre reactive (procion mx) dye (your choice of colours from our range)
- 125g citric acid
- 125g sodium carbonate
- Accessory pack of gloves and measuring spoon
- Comprehensive instruction booklet written by Debbie Tomkies
Our hand-dyeing starter kit contains enough citric acid and sodium carbonate to fix 500g dry weight of animal-fibre goods and 500g plant fibres. The dyes will dye around to 3kg to a medium shade. You can buy extra citric acid, sodium carbonate or individual dye pots to extend the fun!
- 0.1g Dye will dye 100g goods to a pastel shade
- 1g Dye will dye 100g goods to a medium shade
- 2-4g Dye will dye 100g goods to a deep shade (4g for deep red and full black)
Uses: Hue & Dye procion mx fibre reactive dyes are ideal for immersion, low-water immersion, dip-dye, handpaint, sprinkle and speckle, veil and ombre dyeing. You can also thicken procion mx dyes with manutex for printing and stamping etc. They will work on yarn, fibre, fleece, silk hankies and caps, roving, fabric and more.