Hand-dye and print a cotton tote with our procion dyes and traditional wooden blocks!
What’s included in the kit:
Your printing and dyeing kit includes:
- Four 10g pots of our Hue & Dye procion mx (fibre reactive) dyes -primary colours red, yellow and blue plus an additional 10g black dye for toning
- Fixer to make your dyeing and printing colourfast
- Thickener for printing with your dyes
- A 100% cotton tote bag
- 2 small printing blocks (shapes and designs vary)
- Full dyeing and printing instructions
- 2.5ml/5ml measuring spoon
- Powder-free vinyl gloves
Who is this kit suitable for?
We’ve included all the essentials in the kit and the instructions are based on my beginner’s dyeing and printing workshops so are suitable for first-time dyers as well as offering lots of fun for dyers with some experience.
What else will I need?
Just some basic equipment most of which you may already have. Please note that any utensils/dishes used for dyeing should not be used for cooking food afterwards:
- A pan, dish, bucket or oven tray for dyeing your tote.
- Clingfilm or plastic to wrap your tote in to fix
- Cloths and something to cover surfaces
- A couple of plastic beakers (or old cups) for mixing dyes
- Stirring spoon or stick