What’s included in the kit:
Your acid dye kit includes:
- Four 10g pots of our Hue & Dye acid dyes -primary colours red, yellow and blue plus an additional 10g black dye for toning.
- Fixer to make your dye colourfast,
- Full dyeing instructions
- 2.5ml/5ml measuring spoon
- Powder-free vinyl gloves.
To make the kit complete, I’ve also included:
- My Groovy Ribbed sock pattern
- A lovely 100g skein of squooshy merino nylon stellina superwash yarn. It’s fantastic for socks, shawls and accessories with a sprinkle of either gold or silver for that touch of sparkle!
Who is this kit suitable for?
We’ve included all the essentials in the kit and the instructions are based on my beginner’s dyeing workshop so are suitable for first-time dyers as well as offering lots of fun for dyers with some experience.
The sock pattern is a simple ribbed design with a heel-flap style. The yarn will knit to most sock patterns and there’s plenty of yarn in 100g for a pair of mid-length socks.
What else will I need?
Just some basic equipment most of which you may already have. Please note that any utensils/dishes used for dyeing should not be used for cooking food afterwards:
- A pan, microwave dish or oven tray for cooking your hand-dyed yarn
- Cloths and something to cover surfaces
- A couple of plastic beakers (or old cups) for mixing dyes
- Stirring spoon or stick