Our easy to use acid dye starter kit comes with all you need to get started on your hand-dyeing adventures!
Our acid dye starter kit is suitable for hand-dyeing all animal (protein) fibres, including wool, alpaca, cashmere, silk and nylon. Our Hue & Dye acid dyes require only a mild acid (we include citric acid in the kit) and heat to fix the colour to the fibre.
Our starter kit includes:
- 3 x 10g pots of Hue & Dye acid dye (your choice of colours from the 12 colours in our range)
- 125g citric acid
- Accessory pack of gloves and measuring spoon
- Comprehensive hand-dyeing instruction booklet written by Debbie Tomkies
The acid dye starter kit contains enough citric acid to fix 1.25kg dry weight of animal-fibre goods. There is plenty of dye in the kit to dye 3kg of yarn or fibre to a medium shade. You can buy extra citric acid or individual dye pots to extend the fun!
- 0.1g Hue & Dye acid dye will dye 100g goods to a pastel shade
- 1g Hue & Dye acid dye will dye 100g goods to a medium shade
- 2-4g Hue & Dye acid dye will dye 100g goods to a deep shade (4g for deep red and full black)
Uses: Suitable for all hand-dyeing techniques including immersion, low-water immersion, dip-dye, handpaint, thicken with manutex for printing and stamping etc.