Our easy to use acid dye kits come with all you need to get started Our easy to use acid dye kits come with all you need to get started on your dyeing adventures!
Suitable for all animal (protein) fibres, including wool, alpaca, cotton, linen, silk and nylon. Our acid dyes require only a mild acid (we include citric acid in the kit) and heat to fix the colour to the fibre.
Our starter kit includes:
- 3 x 10g pots of acid dye (your choice of colours from our range)
- 125g citric acid
- Accessory pack of gloves and measuring spoon
- Comprehensive instruction booklet written by Debbie Tomkies
The kit contains enough citric acid to fix 1.25kg dry weight of animal-fibre goods. The dyes will dye around to 3kg to a medium shade. You can buy extra citric acid or individual dye pots to extend the fun!
- 0.1g Dye will dye 100g goods to a pastel shade
- 1g Dye will dye 100g goods to a medium shade
- 2-4g Dye will dye 100g goods to a deep shade (4g for deep red and full black)
Uses: Use for immersion, low-water immersion, dip-dye, handpaint, thicken with manutex for printing and stamping etc.