What’s included in the kit:
Your Dyeing to Felt – hand-dyeing and needle felting kit includes:
- Four 10g pots of our Hue & Dye acid dyes -primary colours red, yellow and blue plus an additional 10g black dye for toning.
- Fixer to make your dye colourfast
- Full dyeing instructions
- 2.5ml/5ml measuring spoon
- Powder-free vinyl gloves.
To make the kit complete, I’ve also included:
- A lovely 50g braid of squooshy undyed merino fibre. It’s fantastic for felting and takes dye beautifully.
- 3 needle felting needles
- A storage tube to keep your felting needles in
- A needle felting holder to put your needle in and make it easier to hold
- Instructions on how to begin needle felting.
Who is this kit suitable for?
We’ve included all the essentials in the kit and the instructions are based on my beginner’s dyeing and needle felting workshops so are suitable for first-time dyers and felters as well as offering lots of fun for dyers with some experience.
What else will I need?
Just some basic equipment most of which you may already have. Please note that any utensils/dishes used for dyeing should not be used for cooking food afterwards:
- A pan, microwave dish or oven tray for cooking your hand-dyed yarn
- Cloths and something to cover surfaces
- A couple of plastic beakers (or old cups) for mixing dyes
- Stirring spoon or stick
- A piece of sponge for protecting your work surface while needlefelting. A cheap decorator’s sponge is ideal