If you are new to natural dyeing our natural dye starter kits are an ideal way to begin. Our Natural Dyeing Starter Kit and Deluxe kit include a selection of natural dye extracts, mordants (fixers) for both animal and plant fibres, colour modifiers, an accessory pack and full instructions. Our Indigo Natural Dye Kits contains all the dyes and dye assistants that you need to start your dye vat. All you need to add is some basic household equipment and water.
Our natural dye starter kit includes
- 10g each of lac, madder, goldenrod, logwood purple and acacia dye extracts
- 125g of alum and 25g of aluminium acetate mordants to enable you to mordant (fix) both animal (protein) and plant (cellulose) fibres
- 100g ferrous sulphate (this acts as a colour modifier to extend the range of colours you can achieve with your natural dyes)
- Accessory pack of gloves and a measuring spoon
- Comprehensive instructions written specially by Debbie to accompany the kit
Our natural dye starter kit contains enough mordant to dye 1.25kg of protein (animal) fibres/yarn/fabric and 250g of cellulose (plant) fibres/yarn/fabric. The dye extracts will go much further so you may like to buy extra alum (for animal fibres) or aluminium acetate (for plant fibres).
For a more comprehensive kit with additional colour modifiers and larger pots of natural dyes and mordants you may like our natural dye deluxe kit.
Looking for raw dyestuffs? We have individual natural dyestuffs and our Back to Nature natural dyestuffs kit.