If you are new to natural dyeing our starter kits are an ideal way to begin. Our Natural Dyeing Starter and Deluxe kits include a selection of natural dye extracts, mordants (fixers) for both animal and plant fibres, colour modifiers, an accessory pack and full instructions. All you need to add is some basic household equipment and water.
In our Deluxe Kit we include:
- 20g each of lac, madder, goldenrod, logwood purple and acacia natural dye extracts
- 250g of alum and 50g of aluminium acetate mordants
- Four colour modifiers: 100g ferrous sulphate, 100g copper sulphate, 125g citric acid and 125g sodium carbonate
- Universal indicator pH papers
- Accessory pack of gloves and a measuring spoon
- Comprehensive instructions specially written by Debbie to accompany the kit
This fabulous kit contains enough mordant to dye 2.5kg of protein fibres/yarn/fabric and 1kg of plant fibres/fabric/yarn. The dye extracts will go much further so you may like to purchase extra alum (for animal fibres like wool and silk) or aluminium acetate (for plant fibres like cotton).