Our easy to use fibre-reactive (procion) dye kits come with all you need to get started on your dyeing adventures! This super deluxe kit contains one of each of our 12 fibre-reactive (procion mx) dyes, fixers for both animal and plant fibres and comprehensive instructions written specially for the kit by Debbie Tomkies. Let your imagination run wild!
Suitable for all animal (protein) and plant (cellulose) fibres, including wool, alpaca, cotton, linen, silk and nylon. Our fibre reactive dyes require only a mild acid for animal fibres (we include citric acid in the kit) and heat to fix the colour to the fibre. For plant fibres we include sodium carbonate in the kit to fix the dyes (no heat required).
Our starter kit includes:
- 12 x 10g pots of fibre reactive (procion mx) dye (one pot of each colour from our range)
- 250g citric acid
- 250g sodium carbonate
- Accessory pack of gloves and measuring spoon
- Comprehensive instruction booklet written by Debbie Tomkies
The kit contains enough citric acid and sodium carbonate to fix 1kg dry weight of animal-fibre goods and 1kg plant fibres. The dyes will dye around to 12kg to a medium shade! You can buy extra citric acid, sodium carbonate or individual dye pots to extend the fun!
- 0.1g Dye will dye 100g goods to a pastel shade
- 1g Dye will dye 100g goods to a medium shade
- 2-4g Dye will dye 100g goods to a deep shade (4g for deep red and full black)
Uses: Use for immersion, low-water immersion, dip-dye, handpaint, thicken with manutex for printing and stamping etc.