If you are new to natural dyeing our starter kits are an ideal way to begin. Our Liquid Natural dyes kit includes a selection of natural liquid dyes, mordants (fixers) for both animal and plant fibres, colour modifiers, an accessory pack and full instructions. All you need to add is some basic household equipment and water.
In your kit you will find 3 beautiful liquid natural dyes that can be used alone, combined or mixed with our natural extracts (available separately) to create rich, vibrant shades, pastels and muted tones. You could even add plants from your garden to give your work the personal touch! Liquid dyes are very concentrated and are popular for fine detail work and can be readily thickened with gum tragacanth or manutex for printing and stamping.
In your kit you will find:
- Saxon blue (42ml)
- Madder (42ml)
- Rhubarb (45ml) liquid natural dye extracts
- 125g of aluminium potassium sulphate (alum) mordant/fixer
- 25g of aluminium acetate mordant/fixer
- 125g citric acid (colour modifier)
- 100g ferrous sulphate (colour modifier)
- Accessory pack of gloves and measuring spoon
- Comprehensive instructions specially written by Debbie to accompany the kit
With this kit you can make a wide range of colours with enough mordant (fixer) to dye 1.25kg of protein (animal) fibre/yarn/fabric and 500g cellulose (plant) fibres. The dyestuffs will go much further and you can order extra alum too. And of course, you’re not limited to the colours as they come – your kit will produce hundreds of different shades and colour combinations!